Interactive charts, tables and graphics removed. Subscribers see full content
The following article outlines the key countries for renewable energy GO issuance, cancellations, net importers, and net exporters within the AIB in 2020.
- Issuances exceeded cancellations by 26 TWh in 2020.
- Norway remains the largest issuer (146 TWh) and net exporter of GOs (46 TWh).
- The Netherlands had the highest percentage GO supply growth in 2020 of 48%.
- Spain overtook Germany with the highest cancellations (demand) of RES-GOs at 157 TWh (increasing by 16%).
- Sweden switched from being a net importer to a net exporter (22.6TWh) of GOs in 2020.
- Germany the largest net importer of GOs (98.4 TWh) with Ireland having the largest percentage growth (102%) in net imports in 2020.
- New RES-GO supply from Portugal, Slovakia, and Serbia.
Interested in Green Certificate pricing, insights and analytics?
Contact us to get a free trial.